Friday, June 6, 2008

Trip to Terre Haute

Tuesday morning, we left for a 2 day trip to Terre Haute, Indiana. Just the three of us. Thought I could do it. Well....we probably should have stayed home! I mean, we had a good time! Really. However, my car is still in Indiana--due to be towed today!! Down a little further, you'll see the car and the scene of the "crime".
Anyway, here's our trip. We first stopped in Dobbs Park at the Native American Museum and the Nature Center. Terre Haute has some beautiful parks!!! I wish it hadn't been raining off an on. We could have done so much more.

Sibling love!!! Can't you just FEEL it??!?!?!
Noah was nose to nose with this stuffed bobcat (he was behind glass!) I love this picture

This was freaking cool. I got to see a Copperhead snake eat a mouse!!!!
Noah started chasing ducks and geese into the pond. It was hilarious!!!!
Hannah and mom at Taco Bell
See the back tire, where it's supposed to straight up and down but it's a little crooked?? I realize in these pictures, it doesn't look bad at all. Believe me, it's much worse looking at the actual car. It's especially worse, thinking my son was right there.

This is the intersection where it happened. I took these pictures the next day (from the rental car) The stop light on the left (center) was not working at the time of the accident. They must have fixed it afterwards. Hmmmmm.....
The curb on the left is where I ended up, after being hit and spun around. Almost hit a light pole!


After an ambulance ride to the hospital, we had a much needed swim in the pool and soak in the whirlpool. I seriously think this helped us all a lot.
Hannah doing a handstand
Noah found the exercise room!Ugh, look how terrible I look! I'd cried all my make up off, had my hair swept around by wind, stress through my entire body....I needed the whirlpool!!!!

Thank goodness, we took the laptop. Little did we know how much we'd need it later on (looking into rentals, different route home, etc.) Plus, Noah is addicted. Um...and I am too!! Myspace, man!
Hannah in bed--wanting us to shut up so she could go to sleep!
Noah the next morning. He wanted to sleep but Hannah wanted to go swimming again!
Just two blocks from our hotel was the Clabber Girl Museum. This place was so awesome! The kids really enjoyed it. Oh, and it had the cool spinny door in the front!!! The kids LOVE that!
I had one of Noah in the boy spot, Hannah in the girl spot...but I thought this was cuter!! :)

Noah and me being silly at Wendys
Oh my gosh, she CAN be happy!!!!
My Monkeys!!!!

We went to the C.A.N.D.L.E.S. Museum, a Holocaust Museum. The lady that runs this, Eva Kor Mozes, came to Pana a few months ago and Hannah bought her book and had her sign it. We got to see Eva too!
Children of
Auschwitz
Nazi
Deadly
Lab
Experiments
Survivors

No comments: