Sunday, November 18, 2007

Great weekend

Lyle has been in Missouri this weekend on his annual fishing trip with the other faculty from Bond Camp fishing camp. He left Friday morning and as far as I know, they've had great weather. He said the cabin is great and the area is beautiful. Wants us to go there as a family trip sometime. It's about 5 hours from here. Hmmmm...after our recent trip to DC, I'll hold off for awhile! :)

The kids and I spent yesterday in Springfield and had a great time. We found new winter coats, some Christmas gifts, ate lunch at Olive Garden and saw a movie. We had a wonderful time together. I wasn't feeling too great this morning so we stayed home from church. (We didn't get home until almost 11:00 last night and we slept in until 9:30 on accident too!)

Four more days until my baby turns 10 years old! I cannot believe my kids are (almost) 10 and 12 years old! Just amazing. When they were little, I had thoughts of them being those ages, but felt like it was a lifetime away. Oh, how quickly it passes! By the way, my thoughts of them being those ages were when they were driving me nuts with potty training, when I had to do everything for them, dealing with car seats and high chairs, watching Blues Clues and then Wizard of Oz 4 times a day...I miss those days now! Well, not the potty training, but that other stuff. (Sometimes!) I miss sitting on the floor and being amazed at my child putting together a puzzle I was sure they couldn't do. I miss building towers out of blocks. I miss playing Memory with them. I miss watching Blues Clues, Winnie the Pooh, Little Bear, Dora and yes, Barney. Is that nuts or what?!?! But look how far we've come. They are such great kids, smart kids. Hannah has her first Band concert coming up next month and Noah will have his last school program. My little ones are growing so much

Well, I'm off to do some laundry and help with homework. Lyle just called to say he's on his way home but they're stopping at Cabellas. Oh man. It may be midnight before he makes it home! :)

1 comment:

The Young Circus said...

Traci, I know I'll be saying the same thing before long, too and it's so scary! When I read how old your kids were, I couldn't believe it! I think Hannah was 6 when we first met you, oh my goodness! Ellie will be 2 in a few months and it feels like she was just born! How is this possible!?
Hope you guys are doing well!