Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me!


Okay, I turn 34 years old today. I'm not liking this of course. My next birthday I'll be 35 and that means I'm on the downhill slope to 40!!! I hate getting older because that means my parents and grandparents are getting older and I'm just not ready for that!

My day begins with Lyle waking me up. He comes down close to me...I think "Ah, he's gonna wish me a happy birthday!" Then I hear "Can I have a few dollars for coffee?" Thanks hun. I did get a happy birthday though.

My friend Missy sent me an email today. She knew I was not liking the whole 34 thing...she's 37 by the way. Or maybe it's 36. I can't remember! Anyway, I got this in an email from her this morning:
As for being 34 - the fun is just begining! Think about it, the older you get, the older your kids get and the more FUN they get! Before long, they can drive you AROUND, not just drive you crazy!!!! You can send them on errand runs, etc. It's all good. Age is totally what you make of it. Don't let it stress you or get you down - be like fine wine or cheese or whiskey (or drink the fine wine or whiskey while you eat the cheese).... choice is yours!! ;-) Just kidding!
Ya, whatever Missy! You suck.

THEN, my friend Melinda sends me an email. She turned 35 in January. Older than me. She says she will always remember today for two reasons--1. my birthday. 2. she found her first gray hair. Uh, I said she found her FIRST gray hair!!! She totally sucks! I've been coloring my hair since I was 27 because it was turning gray! She has four kids and she's JUST NOW finding gray?!?!?!?!!?!? Sooooooo unfair!

Okay, I'm gonna quit whining and get ready for work. One highlight though--I went up to wake Noah up. He was barely awake, I was walking out of the room and in that sleepy voice, I hear "Happy Birthday Mommy!" Aaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I got a fantastic email from my mother. I do love my family!!!!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Miss said...

...but I still love ya, friend!!!! (even though you got cranberry bread and Dr. Pepper instead of cake!)

The Cutler Family said...

But the bread was good and you know I LOVE Dr Pepper!!! :)