Friday, February 15, 2008

What a night!

The evening started with me getting home around 6:30 when Hannah was starting to get ready to go to her Valentine dance at school. She was wearing this cute black shirt that looks great on her. She's putting on her white tennis shoes. I told her she needed to wear my black shoes. She won't do it, says who cares what I look like? Lyle completely agrees with her, says who cares what she looks like! When I look at him, I see that he is actually having a difficult time with this whole dance thing, Jr High, boys, etc....so I go for it. I asked if she'd like me to curl her hair, would she like me to put some make-up on her, better put on some perfume! Oh, Lyle's about to jump out of his chair and throttle me! Toooooo funny! Well, she wore the white tennis shoes, she didn't wear any make-up or perfume. She says she didn't dance with any boys (who knows) but she had a great time. She actually danced this time. The last two dances she went to she just ran around with her friends. Baby steps! I'm not going to push her!! Anyway, after we got home, I made a comment in front of Lyle about all the boys she danced with. Of course, she was about to kill me and I think Lyle almost threw up. Oh, you should have seen it!
Here's Hannah and her daddy, just over 10 years ago! Aren't they so sweet!?!?! In case you didn't figure it out, those are Pull-Ups on their heads!!!!

Later on, Lyle went to bed because he had a terrible headache. Hannah and I wanted to watch a movie and nothing was on. We have like a hundred stations but NOTHING was on! I put in Sleepless in Seattle. She's never seen it, it's been awhile since I saw it. It's PG so I figure it should be okay. Somewhere along the way I fell asleep. I woke up to Hannah turning off the movie because they were saying stuff she knew I wouldn't want her to hear! What a kid! I was so proud of her! I'm still not sure what they were saying she thought was inappropriate, but I just had to come in here and post what a great kid I have! I love her to death!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments: