Tuesday, October 9, 2007

My feet are sooooooo tired!

Oh my. My legs and feet are so worn out! We did A TON of walking today. Had our tour at the White House earlier in the day. It was great. Saw the famous Red Room, Green Room and Blue Room! It was just unbelievable to know that I was in the White House just one floor under the President!!!! No, we didn't even get a glimpse of George! :( After that, we did a lot of walking and looking, got so tired that we took a cab. OH! $11.00 for a very short trip! Won't do that again!

For lunch we went to a downtown Subway. I'm sure I will never get my Subway order as quick as I did today! Man, they know how to work it! I gave my order, along with Hannah's and Noah's, Lyle gave his and we were done in litterally 60 seconds or less! Can't get your sub like that in Pana or Shelbyville!

We then took the Metro to the Capitol for our tour. (My first time on the Metro!) The Capitol is beautiful. We got to sit in on a Session too! Actually saw two Illinois Senators or Representatives or something like that get up and speak about....something, saw them vote on it and pass it. I had no idea what was going on but it was still cool! We also got to see the Supreme Court from the outside. It was massive and awesome!

We'll be seeing the Holocaust Museum and Smithsonian tomorrow. Or at least part of the Smithsonian! It is so huge I'm not sure we'll get to see it all!

So sad to hear while I'm gone that Dee Sinclair passed away. She is Becky Wafford's mom. We go to church with them both. Also, my friend Brenda's sister, Pam, passed away. I'm utterly shocked by that. Pam was only 35. Don't know what happened there. But in GREAT news, Wayne Meece is CANCER FREE!!!!!!! Hip! Hip! Hooray!

I better go spend some time with the kids. I believe they're in the bedroom watching TV. There's a TV in the bedroom here AND a TV in the living room! It's nice when Lyle wants to watch Discovery and they want to watch Nick!

Have a great Wednesday!

No comments: