Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Pana Labor Day Parade

Hannah got to march with the Pana Jr. High Band in the Labor Day parade this year! She has started playing the flute and is taking extra lessons with Mr. Dean but was not quite ready to play her flute in the parade. So she got to hold the banner. She did a FANTASTIC job! I was so proud of her! I don't think I've ever seen anyone have such straight posture and hold a banner so well before!! :-) She loved it. The long walk hurt her legs but she's okay. It was different for her--she's used to riding on the church float every year.
Speaking of church float....here's the float THCC made! Okay, I think it was mostly the Ritchies, Hicks and Hardys...big thanks to you guys for your hard work! The theme this year was Fable and Folklore. Hmmm....what does a church do with that?!?! THCC took the standpoint of Fable, Folklore or Truth! See the Bible the kids are sitting on? Karen did a fantastic job on the lettering. That's Noah at the far left sitting in the desk. He had fun! And I was so proud of him for smiling and waving so much!
We had a busy weekend--took the kids to the Pana Tri-County Fair on Saturday. They had horse races at the Grandstand. That was fun to watch. And it was FREE!!! Of course, they had to play games before we left, since they do not ride rides. Hmpf! I think I spent about $20 for a few 50 cent toys!! Plus the Lemon Shake-Up, Snow-Cone and Funnel Cake for the kids!
Sunday we had a great time with Derrick and Karen Ritchie at Pizza Hut after church. Josiah spent the afternoon with us afterwards. Man, those boys can talk 100 miles a minute!!! They are the greatest buddies.
Monday we had a great time being able to visit with family at the parade--my mom, Lyle's mom and dad, Grandma and Grandpa Vincent and Aunt Janie. Janie sat on the curb and got all the candy for my kids! She was great! Then Lyle spent part of his afternoon doing phone work for my Grandma and Grandpa Kime in their new house. Was great to visit.
Lyle began teaching his class tonight. He started early this morning, will be home late. This is going to wear him out pretty bad! And my day was BUSY! Margaret is on vacation so I'm her all week. "Monday" after a holiday--I ran almost 500 prescriptions today! My fingers are tired!
Hope you all had a great weekend. I'm ready for the cooler weather to come our way!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Hannah and Noah! Wish we could have seen you in the parade. We miss you. Aunt Deb