Sunday, September 30, 2007

This is our life

The picture above fully describes our life every single night! Homework, homework, homework! I get home and the table is covered with it. I instantly begin to breathe fast, my heart races, I get that ache between my eyes and then hear "I need help with..." Calgon, take me away! Hannah's really isn't so bad. I figured she would be the tough student this year, going into Jr. High. She usually has math each night, we study Spelling, maybe some Geography. She's struggling in Math now so I have her do extra work in Math for practice. Noah, on the other hand...the other night he had 11 worksheets to do. Seriously, ELEVEN!! That is insane. Granted, it's usually only about 7 or8...that's still insane! WHY must they send that much homework? Do the teachers not realize that when the kids have to spend their entire evening doing homework there is NO family time?!?! Family time turns into mom running around trying to get dinner ready and help with a problem someone has with homework, get the table cleared after dinner and help with homework, check the homework, try not to get frustrated when you have to have the child correct some of their homework. Noah literally spends 3 hours every night on homework. Aaaggghhh!!! The child has no life! He's getting frustrated with school. In the past, he has always loved school, always came home with A's and B's. His Friday folder is littered with C's, D's and an F here and there. What is going on?? I was told when I found out who his teacher was that we would have problems. Man alive, do we ever! I already spoke with the teacher about this two weeks ago. Of course, she thinks I am the one that is nuts, that she doesn't give too much homework! Is that why there are many parents ready to lynch you, Mrs. Medley?!?!?! Pulease! Well, this Thursday is Parent-Teacher Conference--I plan to do some "discussing" then. (Someone have some extra cash to bail me out if I get out of hand?!?!?)

And here's Hannah's school picture. Isn't it great??? She looks so much older here! Makes me sad. Noah doesn't have his pictures taken until October 24th.

Okay, only 5 more days until we leave for our vacation! Yay! We are soooooooooo excited! I mean, I can't tell you how excited we are! Lyle has all of our hotels planned out for us (9 nights for $375 with tax!), our personal tours of the White House and Capitol Building and we are planning all of our other stops and visits. The kids are more concerned about what they're buying when we go to the Lego Shop!!! :)
Gotta go get ready for chuch. Hope you all have a great week!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hannah, you are BEAUTIFUL! Noah, since I don't think you want to be beautiful, I will just say you are CRAZY, MAN! Aunt Deb