Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Eve at the Kimes

As tradition stands, we spent Christmas Eve at my mom and dad's home. When I was growing up, that was the night mom, dad, Nick and I got together with grandma and grandpa Kime, my aunt Mariellen and cousin Jon. Mariellen and Jon are living in Minnesota now (and there's a whole other story there!) and then grandma and grandpa started spending winters in Arizona. So grandma and grandpa Vincent started spending it with us. Now...12 years later, the Kime home held my mom and dad, me and my family, Nick and his family, G&G Vincent and...G&G Kime again!!!!! It was very nice to have them here this year. Their first Christmas with the great-grandkids. A bit overwhelming, I'm sure!!!! At least I was overwhelmed! ha! ha!
I tried and tried and tried (and tried some more!) to get a good picture of these kids. This was the best one I got. Aren't they all adorable?!?!

This was the MESS!

Grandma Barb and Grandpa Kim

Grandma Olive and Grandpa Ed

My mama

Grandpa Ed is a big Johnny Cash fan. Always has been. I remember when I was little, he would put Johnny Cash records on in the family room every Sunday afternoon and listen to them all day. Anyway, I found this cup that sings "Ring of Fire" when you push the button. He had to have it! The kids and I said so! Well, Elly just LOVED the cup! By Tuesday, she was singing "...down, down down and flames went higher...and it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire, ring of fire" She was so cute!

Noah got a Pogo stick from Grandma Pat and Grandpa Kenny
Uh-oh!

Hannah was pretty excited to see the Hairspray DVD and soundtrack!

Mom and dad got Elly the cutest Disney kitchen set with the table and chairs!

Okay. I have no decent pictures of my brother. He always makes these stupid faces! Here's two I have of he and Ashley. She's just gorgeous...then there's Nick!


Tyson was dancing!

Noah watching TV (supposed to be eating!) and Tyson slurping spaghetti!

"The Guys"
(dad, grandpa and grandpa)

Grandma Barb

Noah and Tyson were playing with Hot Wheels before dinner

Mom is gonna kill me when she sees this one!
She was tired from all the preparations!

Miss Elly with Miss Hannah!

No comments: