Sunday, December 9, 2007

We Wish You A Merry Christmas!

Decided to try to get a picture of the kids today, in front of the tree. TRY is the key word. When they were little, it was impossible to get a decent picture of the two of them smiling at the same time in front of the tree! I always thought "When they get older, it'll be so much easier!" Ha! Ya, right! They're just as difficult now, if not worse. NOW, they hate to even stand next to each other. Used to, Hannah couldn't stop loving and kissing all over Noah. Now just being within 5 feet of him, she wants to barf! Ah, where did we go wrong?!?! :)




Hannah helped put the tree together last weekend. We always had a real tree. I swore we'd NEVER have a fake tree! That was just a horrible thought! Wouldn't be a real Christmas with a fake tree! Well, after many years of picking up pine needles, forgetting to water the tree and having the tree sit on our front porch until Grandpa Ed or Dad came to get it, we decided to get an artificial tree three years ago. One of the best decisions we've ever made! I love it! It's the perfect shape, a very pretty tree, it's pre-lit...don't have to trek through the hills of trees in 25 degree weather looking for that "perfect" tree. I remember taking the kids out when they were little, wrapped up so much because it was so cold they could barely walk! I'm arguing with Lyle, the kids are whining, Lyle's driving me nuts because he's picking out the ugliest trees (in my mind!) and we're all going crazy! Then trying to get the silly thing in the stand without getting sap all over our hands, string lights (tangled because I didn't put them away properly last year!) and decorate without getting my fingers stuck!!!! Ahhhh, the memories!!!! I did love my real trees, but I truly enjoy the simplicity of an artificial.

Noah, all burrowed in pillows and covers on the couch!


Hannah and her baby, Jinx on the couch
(speaking of couch...I'm really trying for a new couch. This is the one we got when Lyle's grandmother passed away in 1994! I seriously need a new couch! When you see Lyle, tell him you saw our couch on here and it's lookin' a little worn. Looks like you need a new one!!! he! he!)


And here's our newest baby cousin! Haylee Jean Watson was born on November 27 to Matthew and Melissa Watson. Congrats Matt and Melissa! Here she is with Great-grandma Phyllis (Babb)


No comments: