Tuesday, August 21, 2007

First Day of School!


Aaagggghhhh!!!!! I think this is the earliest I've gotten up (on purpose) all summer, except for going to Women of Faith! It's back to school time. Long gone are the days of sleeping until 8:00. We're back to the 6:30 thing again. Ick! Of course, Lyle would be giving me dirty looks right now--he gets up around 4:30 every day! :-( Poor guy, he's so sick right now. Bad body aches, horrible sorethroat. He came back from Promise Keepers this way. So did his roomies. Hmmmmm......what DID they do in Cincinnati!?!?!?! :-)
Anyway.....the kids both got up right when their alarms went off. Hmpf! That's probably the last time that will happen! We picked out first day clothes last night. Noah insisted on this Hummer T-shirt we got at JC Penney's last week (one of those they sell with the little toy with it! He HAD to have it!). Ugh! I wanted him to wear a nice looking, respectable (good first impression for the new teacher) shirt the first day. But NOOOOO--he wanted the H3 shirt. Okay, okay...pick my battles....count to 10....deep breathing....ya know how it is! Oh well. They only go to school for 2 hours today. We'll wear a nice shirt TOMORROW!!
Hannah had a hard time deciding between 3 shirts (all look very similar!). This was the final choice. She also had to wear her new bangle bracelet and headband from Claires and her new shoes! They were both getting mad about me taking the pictures. I had to ! I forgot to take pics last year!

This is the sign in front of Hannah's school. I wanted a picture of her going in the school, but there were a ton of kids outside the school. I knew she'd kill me later for taking it.
I had to have a picture to remind me that my child is in Jr. High. I'm not old enough for that am I?!?!?!?!

And here's Mr. Noah walking to the school. His last year as a grade schooler! One year from now he'll be going to Tower Hill at the Middle School!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't believe they are that old!