Thursday, August 23, 2007

Thoughts...

I sat here tonight to update the church website. I was listening to http://www.wibi.org/ and a song by Building 429 came on. I love the band--they're great! This song really caught my attention. Here are the lyrics:

YOU CARRIED ME
I've been so busy, I missed the reasons
I missed Your love, and I nearly missed it all
Still You've loved me, and You've healed me
You've given all and it brought me to Your cross
I stand only because You've given me grace to walk
Only because You carried meYou carried meYou carried me through it all
And I believeYes I believeYou'll carry me all the way home
Cause mercy covers all Cause mercy covers all
I know the scripture, I've known the songs
I sang the words from my hollowed heart
But You've spoken softly through the storm
I've heard Your voice and I've felt the calm
I stand only because You've given me faith to walk
I know that you love me
I'll never doubt it I can't live without it
Your mercy has found me I am astounded,
I can't live without itYou carried meYou carried meYou carried me through it all

You can see the video and listen to the song at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxejXxA2M_E
It's awesome!

Please keep me in your prayers that I can start to speak up when faced with talk by non-believers. I wish I could make people understand that church is not for "perfect" people. So many (unchurched) people think you have to be pristine, white and without sin to step through those doors. On the contrary--those open doors are for people searching and seeking for hope and peace, admitting they are so screwed up, they need help, they need the Father to carry them and lead them. How can we claim to be perfect when He is the only perfect being? It is so hard though, to try to set an example in every day life. Life catches up with us and turns us into....UGLY! Or at least, it does that to ME! Please tell me I am not the only one faced with this!
Father God, I pray for wisdom, patience and understanding when talking to others. May You bring opportunities my way to speak of You and please give me the COURAGE to speak of You! May You bless the hearts of those who might listen, that they will hear You through me. That they may see You, feel You and need You! In Jesus name, AMEN.

Goodnight.

My blessings times three! My goodness, see how we've changed in just 7 months!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you in this area specifically. It makes me so happy to see you growing so much! You're beautiful! Love you! Michelle